Pages

04/14/12-2Kings5 - Now I Know Moments

2Kings 5:15 - Then Naaman and all his attendants went back to the man of God. He stood before him and said, “Now I know that there is no God in all the world except in Israel. Please accept now a gift from your servant.”

Do you remember the moment when you found out the truth about things like Santa, the Easter bunny & the tooth fairy?

In my case, I found out about Santa by discovering gifts in the basement crawl space. At first, I didn't want to believe it, but then finally came to accept the truth. Being the oldest, it then gave me the temporary power of being an "insider" with my parents until the other three kids found out. Finding out the truth changes things, because now you know.

But bigger than that revelation was the day it really clicked for me that Jesus wasn't just a historical figure, but a personal friend who talks with me. Hen my faith became personal, it changes my life... It was a "now I know" moment.

For Naaman, his moment came the second after coming out of the Jordan river a 7th time. Seeing the leprosy gone was a moment of truth, and it clicked for him.

Have u had a "now you know" moment with God? Is there a faith step you have been delaying or excusing yourself from? Are you holding out in the discovery of truth?

Change those "now I suspect" issues into "now I know" moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment