Pages

08/07/18 - 2Cor 7


Aug 7, 2018

Because of God's promises, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.  2Cor 7:1 

Our holiness is a reflection of how big God is in our lives.

Here’s a simple principle to consider:  The bigger my God, the better my holiness!

So to turn that around:  People can tell the size of our God by the level of holy obedience we live out.

That sounds very profound, but it really is a simple concept.  Consider:

-          If my God is big enough to solve all my problems, I can be more patient, have a better attitude, offer people more trust, take on bigger challenges, obey His word more faithfully, live more joyfully, have a spirit of forgiveness, and be more content.

-          If my God is smaller than that, I will have to fix every problem, control my circumstances, push my plans, test people’s trustworthiness, discern what works for me, make my own joy, be cautious with forgiveness, and grab for everything in life.

Holiness is not as much about the size of my abilities as it is the size of my God.  That’s both encouraging and convicting.  It’s also why a person can practice religious behaviors and not be holy.  Or why a person can fail miserably in life and still find salvation. 

Paul tells the Corinthians that our God is 100% faithful to EVERY promise.   If we truly believe God is that great and that perfect, then we will trust Him to take care of us when we obey Him.  But if we think God is only 90% faithful, or 80%, or 70% … we not only shrink the size of God in our lives, we shrink the level of holy obedience too. 

Here’s a practice for every temptation or struggle to take shortcuts:  remind yourself GOD is 100% FAITHFUL!

-          He is faithful to give us a way out from a difficult temptation – find it and take it.

-          He is faithful to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from the past – let him make you clean.

-          He is faithful to NEVER leave you nor forsake you – so stand for Him, even against ‘friends’.

-          He is faithful to meet your every need – so be content with what He gives us daily.

-          He is faithful to reward your obedience – so obey and let Him decide how to reward.

-          He is faithful to protect His own – so live for Him.

What percentage does your God represent?  The level of trust reflects the size of your God!

And the size of your God will determine the level of holiness you will live. 

God said:  Be Holy, because I the Lord God AM holy!  He’s our 100% God!  That’s pretty big!

No comments:

Post a Comment