Pages

08/20/18 - Gal 3


Aug 20, 2018

You are all children of God through faith, for all who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Him. Gal 3:26-27

Faith changes our identity to Jesus and baptism changes our conformity to His likeness.

Being the oldest in my family, I only got hand-me-down clothes from others outside the family.  But my two younger brothers were cursed with having to wear my hand-me-downs.  I’m sure they were ruined for life from that experience!   I do recall, however, a few things that they were not ready to wait for the annual closet cleanout to start wearing.  For some reason, it was open season on my clothes when something I had was considered cool to wear. 

I vaguely remember one shirt that was given to me for Christmas.  It was stylish and had a cowboy look to it, and I wore it the day after receiving it.  But that was the last time!  My brother seemed to always find it (even after trying to hide it), and the shirt was always on him or in the laundry.  Needless to say, it was a bit frustrating for me then, but I gave up trying to wear it because I didn’t want to look like my brother after he had worn it so many times!  (Guess it was his way of rebelling against hand-me-downs!)

When coming to Jesus as our Savior and Lord, He opens His closet for us to wear His clothes!  We get to wear his Royal Robe, try on His shirt of righteousness, fit into his pants of power, and slip into His belt of Truth.  Amazing thing about Jesus’ clothes, in spite of our differences, they form to fit!  We get the chance to wear the holiness of God in spite of our dirty souls and deformed bodies.  Jesus doesn’t mind, because He wants us to be clothed like Him.

Yet SO MANY PEOPLE prefer to reject Christ’s clothing like they are hand-me-downs.  Those clothes look old fashioned in today’s hip culture.  They seem a bit restrictive compared to the so-called freedom of movement our current fads offer.  They are VERY RECOGNIZABLE, and often ridiculed by friends or associates around us.  Yes, we have access to Jesus’ closet, but don’t really care for the clothes.

Friends, isn’t it time to appreciate the blessing God has given us!  He has offered us access to the Royal Wardrobe!  Don’t waste it because of the public opinions of your friends.  Put on the clothing that will permit us to be ushered into the throne room of heaven!   Celebrate that these clothes were given to you and are free of defects.  Put on righteousness, truth and power – and forget those old rags of popularity, selfishness and pride.  Enjoy the hand-me-downs, because they are help-me-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment