Pages

08/21/18 - Gal 4


Aug 21, 2018

So you are no longer a slave, but God's child... God has made you also an heir. Gal 4:7

Christianity is not a religion, it is family---we obey because He is now our Father & we have an eternal inheritance coming.

At one point in my technology career, I was asked to take on a national role for a company that had just acquired us.  We were honored with the request, but not sure what we were getting in to.  So like the recent TV show Undercover Boss, I asked to be placed into a few different branch assignments as a “new employee”, trying to learn how the operations worked, and what I could do to help.   I was assigned to a technician, who took me around to different sites and had me learn the ropes with him.  There are many life lessons I can share from that experience, but one that fits well with Galatians 4 is the position I played those days:  I was working the role of a first-line technician, even though my position in the company was an executive.  Knowing that I was returning to my position made it very easy to work and serve in the first-line role with all the energy I had.  It was both educational & inspirational.

Paul reminds all of us that we are Executives now!  Coming to Jesus has elevated our position as part of the family of God.  We are heirs to the eternal Kingdom!  Yet our role on earth is also changed to that of servant and first-line worker.  We already know what we’re returning to that executive position later.  So it gives us the strength and encouragement we need to serve in whatever role we are given now.

A few months later, I was leading a management conference for that region of the country, and that same guy came up to me after he realized who I really was.  He was embarrassed and worried that he may have done something incorrect, but after getting past the awkwardness, we enjoyed the connection those days gave us. 

I think that’s the same way it will feel with Jesus when we reach eternity.  It will start off a little awkward, knowing that we failed in so many ways, but once we get past that, we will come to enjoy the great connection we have with Him as our Savior and our Brother. 

Some view Christianity as another religion, but Jesus is not a religion, He is our family!  We don’t believe in a system, we trust in a Savior who is now our relative & friend.  We don’t obey and serve in these roles on earth to earn anything or prove anything to men, because we already know what our future position is. 

We’re the chosen family of God Most High, and the One who saved us is also the one who serves with us.  Knowing that gives us such great assurance, that serving in any role is no big deal.  Remember the promotion you have received, and enjoy the chance you get to serve Him by riding along with others who have yet to know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment