Pages

Lost Benefits-05/30/12


Psa 103:2-5 - Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Eliminating concerns should not trump our thanksgiving for benefits (blessings). But sometimes they do.

As a kid, I should have learned this quicker. One year, I wanted a specific toy for Christmas. Knowing that I was only asking for one thing made me begin to expect it ... I really figured on it being under the tree in Christmas morning. You can already see where this is going....it wasn't there, and so I was so disappointed that all the other gifts I did receive mattered very little to me. A few months later I came to realize (well actually my mom HELPED me realize) that the gift I wanted was cheap and would have broken, but othe toys I received were more fun and lasted. She was right. But at the time the benefits really didn't matter.

We can do the same with God as His children. The benefits of all He has given us can be trumped by the one thing we want and don't have. David's Psalm reminds us that praise comes by remembering all the benefits we have received, and not letting them be lost by constant focus in the concerns of what we don't have.

Take a few minutes today and list ou all the blessings and benefits you have received. Then consider all the things we take for granted, and let that list drive your attitude today. Forget NoT all His benefits.

Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment